Chartered status is a mark of senior standing in the banking and finance industries.
It demonstrates to employers, colleagues, customers and regulators that the holder has invested in their career development and reached the pinnacle of their chosen field, ensuring they are operating to the highest standard of conduct and ethics.
Chartered status combines with either Associateship or Fellowship to form a professional designation of distinction.
Benefits of achieving chartered status:
- Raise your professional profile by demonstrating that you operate to the highest professional and ethical standards. Chartered status is prestigious and a personal achievement you can be proud of;
- Enhance your career prospects, those holding chartered status are better placed to command higher salaries;
- Use of the description ‘Chartered Associate of The London Institute of Banking & Finance’ and the designation ‘Chartered ALIBF’; or 'Chartered Fellow of The London Institute of Banking & Finance' and the designation 'Chartered FLIBF' after your name;
- Your chartered credentials added to your record on our searchable CPD Register.
Routes to Chartership:
- Completion of a formal programme of study at Level 7 such as the MSc Banking Practice & Management.
- Completion of a formal programme of study at Level 6, plus a minimum of three years of relevant banking and finance experience:
- Chartered Associate Programme
- BSc (Hons) degree awarded by The London Institute of Banking & Finance
- ACIB plus the ACIB degree top-up
- Level 6 Diploma in Financial Advice
- 15 years of relevant banking and finance experience plus completion of an extended project, assessed at Level 6*.
*Please note: The Chartered Associate experience route is currently under development. Register your interest for more information and updates
All applications must:
- Currently hold membership of the London Institute of Banking & Finance (Associate or Fellow);
- Have completed a programme of CPD in the 12 months prior to application (study can count towards this) and agree to complete CPD on an annual basis;
- Agree to follow The London Institute of Banking & Finance’s Code of Ethics.
Request further information on Chartered status
Chartered Membership is no longer open to new applications. Please contact us for further information.