Chartered status is a mark of senior standing in the banking and finance industries.
It demonstrates to employers, colleagues, customers and regulators that the holder has invested in their career development and reached the pinnacle of their chosen field, ensuring they are operating to the highest standard of conduct and ethics.
Chartered status combines with either Associateship or Fellowship to form a professional designation of distinction.
Benefits of achieving chartered status:
- Raise your professional profile by demonstrating that you operate to the highest professional and ethical standards. Chartered status is prestigious and a personal achievement you can be proud of;
- Enhance your career prospects, those holding chartered status are better placed to command higher salaries;
- Use of the description ‘Chartered Associate of The London Institute of Banking & Finance’ and the designation ‘Chartered ALIBF’; or 'Chartered Fellow of The London Institute of Banking & Finance' and the designation 'Chartered FLIBF' after your name;
- Your chartered credentials added to your record on our searchable CPD Register.
Routes to Chartership:
- The Masters Route: Completion of a formal programme of study at Masters Level such as the Masters in Banking, the Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching Financial Capability or an accredited programme from a recognised provider.
- The Degree Route: Completion of one of the below:
o Chartered Associate Programme
o BSc(Hons) degree awarded by The London Institute of Banking & Finance
o ACIB plus ACIB degree top-up
o An accredited programme from a recognised provider
Plus a minimum of three years’ relevant banking and finance experience.
- The Experience Route: 15 years of relevant banking and finance experience plus completion of an extended project, assessed at degree level. Register your interest for The Experience Route.
- The Regulated Adviser Route: Completion of the Level 6 Diploma in Financial Advice or an equivalent qualification at Level 6, plus three years’ professional experience and evidence of a sustained commitment to professional standards e.g. possession of a valid SPS.
All applications must:
- Currently hold membership of the London Institute of Banking & Finance (Associate or Fellow);
- Have completed a programme of CPD in the 12 months prior to application (study can count towards this) and agree to complete CPD on an annual basis;
- Agree to follow The London Institute of Banking & Finance’s Code of Ethics.
Apply for Chartered Status