Programme length: 12 months (the maximum study period is two years)
Duration and study time - average 600 hours of study commitment
The PGCHE is delivered via distance learning and consists of three compulsory 20-credit modules, with the inclusion of a module unique to the financial services industry, enabling you to contextualise your learning and teaching strategies within the sector.
It will enable you to:
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the core elements of learning and teaching principles
- Develop and extend a repertoire of teaching skills in face-to-face, online and distance learning environments
- Investigate and analyse a range of issues relating to learning, teaching, assessment and student support within the provision of banking and finance education
- Critically analyse and evaluate learning and teaching theories and strategies for banking and finance
- Evaluate current research and scholarship in learning and teaching in banking and finance
- Undertake and apply academic research to critique and analyse your own strategies relating to teaching, assessment and evaluation of learning
- Work at the frontiers of current knowledge and understanding of how adults learn, applying this understanding to individual learning cohorts
You will have a module leader and a personal tutor throughout the programme. They can advise on matters relating to curriculum or on broader matters such as personal or professional challenges. The Student and Customer Services Office is also on hand to provide broad advice relating to study skills and time management.
Virtual Learning Environment
The Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) supports and guides you throughout your studies, including study timetables, programme materials and activities, and interactive forums connecting you with peers and tutors.
Our online library gives you access to a wealth of valuable knowledge including recommended reading, journals, E-books, subject gateways and other intelligence tools.