Dwyer is a chartered accountant and chartered director, with 25 years experience of financial management and corporate transactions in construction, real estate and pharmaceuticals. He has worked with publicly-listed companies and family businesses, in the UK and internationally.
Dwyer is a non-executive director with Abbeyfield Society, a charitable organisation which provides supported sheltered accommodation for older people.
Financial statement reporting and analysis, commercial and corporate financial services, strategic planning and financial forecasting, acquisitions, disposals, corporate finance (strategic funding, restructuring etc).
- Corporate Finance Consultant, Belfast: January 2021 to present
- Non-Executive Director, Abbeyfield Society, Belfast: February 2020 to present
- Finance Director, Creagh Concrete, Toomebridge, Northern Ireland: 2015–20
- Director of Finance, International, Mivan Group, Antrim: 2011–14
- Project Finance Executive, Mivan Group, Antrim: 2007–10
- Chief Financial Officer, UUTech Limited, Belfast: 2005–06
- Part-Time Lecturer, Accounting, Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Dundalk Institute of Technology, Republic of Ireland: 2004
- Manager, Strategic Planning, Élan Corporation plc (NYSE: ELN), Dublin, Republic of Ireland: 2001–03
- Chief Financial Officer, Clinical Trial Services (formerly a division of Galen Holdings plc), Pennsylvania, United States of America: 1999–2001
- Audit Manager, Coopers & Lybrand (PWC), Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain: 1997–98.
- Advanced Leadership Programme at Timoney Leadership Institute: 2016
- Masters in Accounting (MAcc), Queen’s University, Belfast, Northern Ireland: 1995
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Finance and Accounting with First Class Honours, Queen’s University, Belfast, Northern Ireland: 1993.
2019: Fellow, Institute of Directors, United Kingdom
2008: Fellow, Chartered Accountants, Ireland
1997: Associate, Chartered Accountants, Ireland
Meet the Chartered Director, profile piece in Director NI, Institute of Directors: 2021.
Visit Dwyer Magee’s LinkedIn profile
- Fellow, Institute of Directors, United Kingdom
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants, Ireland
- Timoney Leadership Institute.