Nahla has been a Statistical Researcher at the assessment department of Institute of Charted Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) for over six years. She works with ICAEW’s subject matter experts to design high-quality assessment tools and material of the ACA qualification. She has designed, developed and implemented the processes for academic measurement which ensure that ICAEW retains its robust and reliable assessment system.
Nahla has been an independent member of validation panels for academic programs and the academic project manager for International University (IU) dual award program.
With many years’ experience teaching and marking assessments in different areas of finance and accounting, Nahla has worked at many universities across the UK.
Financial modelling, corporate finance, financial management, behavioural finance, mergers and acquisitions, portfolio management, earnings management, research methodology, statistics, data analysis, FinTech.
- University of West London, Visiting Lecturer: 2023 – present
- London Institute of Banking and Finance, Lecturer: 2021 – present
- Institute of Charted Accountants in England and Wales: 2016 –2022
- University of Bedfordshire, Visiting Lecturer: 2019 – 2021
- University of Greenwich, Researcher Fellow: 2016
- Kaplan Inc, Glasgow International College, Lecturer: 2015
- Glasgow Caledonian University, Tutor: 2014.
- London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE), Data analysis: 2023
- Glasgow Caledonian University, Finance, PhD: 2014
- University of Strathclyde, Finance, MSc: 2009
- London School of Economics & Political Science, Banking, Graduate Diploma: 2007.
Data analysis tools
Python, R, SQL, Stata, Tableau, Power BI, snowflake data platform
Festival of Learning and Teaching : Effective Assessment for Learner Success, University of West London, 2023
View Nahla Betelmal LinkedIn profile
The UK Rasch User Group Meeting, Cambridge Assessment, University of Cambridge, 2019
Psychometrics workshop in Monterrey, Mexico, December 2017
Research Day Conference, GCU, Glasgow, UK, April March 2014
BAFA Doctoral Colloquium and Annual conference, Newcastle, UK, April 2013
BAFA Doctoral Colloquium and Annual conference, Brighton, UK, April 2012
Scottdot for Finance and Accounting, University of Strathclyde, June 2012
Scottdot for Accounting and Management, University of Strathclyde, May 2012