Sayonton is a finance professional with more than 18 years industry experience and deep subject matter expertise in risk management and regulatory compliance relating to Investment Banks, Asset Managers and Wealth Management firms. He is currently working as a Senior VP in the Financial Institutions Counterparty Credit Risk Division of Citigroup. Sayonton started his career in the Risk Advisory Practices of EY and later worked extensively in specialist risk roles in Bank of England, Morgan Stanley and JP Morgan Chase.
Risk management (credit/market/operational/liquidity), risk assessments (framework design, control assurance, thematic reviews, risk reporting), scenario analysis, stress testing, model validations, regulatory compliance (Basel II and III, CRD IV, MIFID, Conduct Risk), regulatory submissions (FCA/PRA/ECB/OCC) and compliance attestations
- Citigroup, Financial Institutions Counterparty Risk, Senior Vice President: 2020 – present
- JP Morgan Chase, Risk & Regulatory Change, Vice President: 2018–20
- Morgan Stanley, EMEA Risk & Governance, Vice President: 2016–18
- Bank of England, Risk Specialist: 2012–16
- EY & Accenture Strategy, Financial Services Risk Advisory Practices: 2003–12.
- MBA, Finance & Strategy, Warwick Business School: 2012
- Bachelors in Accounting (Hons), St Xavier’s College, University of Calcutta: 2001
International Certificate in Wealth and Investment Management, CISI
For EY & Accenture Strategy, advising c-suite executives of global banks and asset managers on risk, control and regulatory change. Key Clients included UBS, Deutsche Bank, BNP Paribas, RBC, Barclays, London Stock Exchange Group.
English, French (basic)
Asset Liability Management in Risk Framework
Everbridge Round Table on Risk and Operational Resilience in Financial Institutions: 2021
External committee work
Trustee of Books2All – a non-profit organisation, founded in June 2020, to reduce rising levels of education inequality in the UK by connecting book donors with schools in need. Website: books2all.co.uk
View Sayonton Roy LinkedIn profile