Sayonton is a finance professional with extensive experience and deep subject matter expertise in credit risk management, credit portfolio management, enterprise risk management and regulatory compliance. He is currently working with Citigroup as part of their hedge funds credit risk and portfolio management team and as a lecturer at The London Institute of Banking and Finance.
Sayonton started his career in the risk advisory practices of EY and spent more than 8 years advising global investment banks and asset managers on enhancement of credit risk frameworks, capital requirements, regulatory changes and risk reporting. He has subsequently worked in risk roles at The Bank of England, Morgan Stanley and JP Morgan Chase.
Wholesale and counterparty credit risk management, credit portfolio management, risk model validations, scenario analysis, stress testing, risk reporting, regulatory compliance (BASEL II/III, CRD IV, CCAR), and regulatory submissions (FCA / PRA/ ECB /OCC).
Knowledge of ‘front to back’ processes across traded asset classes (fixed income, FX, commodities, equities), funds (real money funds, hedge funds, private equity), and fund regulations/structures (UCITS, unit trusts, SICAVS, AIFM).
- The London Institute of Banking & Finance, Lecturer - Macroeconomic Environment, Risk and Regulation: 2021 – present
- Citigroup, Hedge Funds Credit Risk and Portfolio Management, Senior Vice President: 2020 – present
- JP Morgan Chase, vice president: 2018–20
- Morgan Stanley, vice president: 2016–18
- Bank of England, risk specialist: 2011–16
- EY Financial Services Risk Advisory Practice, management consultant: 2003–11
• MBA, Finance & Strategy, University of Warwick, Warwick Business School: 2012
• International Certificate in Wealth and Investment Management, Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment UK
English, French (Basic)
Asset Liability Management in Risk Framework
External Committee Work
Trustee of Books2All – a non-profit organisation, founded in June 2020, to reduce rising levels of education inequality in the UK by connecting book donors with schools in need. Website: books2all.co.uk.
View Sayonton Roy's LinkedIn profile