Chartered Status, when combined with Associateship or Fellowship, forms a professional designation of distinction.
Employers, colleagues, customers and regulators know that those holding a Chartered title have invested in their career development, reached the pinnacle of their chosen field and ensure they operate to the highest standards of conduct and ethics.
Benefits of achieving Chartered Status:
- Raise your professional profile - Chartered status is a prestigious personal achievement
- Enhance your career prospects - holding Chartered Status may command a higher salary;
- Use the title ‘Chartered Associate of The London Institute of Banking & Finance’ - designation ‘Chartered ALIBF’ OR 'Chartered Fellow of The London Institute of Banking & Finance' - designation 'Chartered FLIBF'
- Your Chartered credentials publically searchable in our CPD Register
How to achieve Chartered status:
- Hold an Associate or Fellow membership with us;
- Meet the full criteria for at least ONE of our Routes to Chartered Status below;
- Complete a programme of CPD over the 12 months prior to application (studying is CPD) and commit to CPD on an annual basis whilst holding a Chartered title;
- Follow our Code of Ethics
Routes to Chartered Status
Professional Postgraduate Route: Completion of one of our formal programmes of study at postgraduate level:
- MSc or PGDip or PGCert in Banking and Finance
Degree Route: Completion of our degree at undergraduate level:
- AND a minimum of three years’ relevant banking and finance experience.
Professional Qualification Framework Route:
- ACIB with the full ACIB degree top-up
- AND a minimum of three years’ relevant banking and finance experience
Regulated Adviser Route: Be able to satisfy all of the below:
- Completion of the Level 6 Diploma in Financial Advice or an equivalent RDR compliant qualification at Level 6;
- Three years’ professional experience; and
- Documentation to confirm a sustained commitment to professional standards e.g. possession of a valid SPS / CPD record
The subscription year for Chartered runs from 1 January to 31 December. The fee for joining between January and June is £156. July to December applicants pay half the fee at £78. If you have already paid for a membership with us for a similar period we will deduct your existing subscriptions from the Chartered fee.