Chartered Status, when combined with Associateship or Fellowship, forms a professional designation of distinction.
Employers, colleagues, customers and regulators know that those holding a Chartered title have invested in their career development, reached the pinnacle of their chosen field and ensure they operate to the highest standards of conduct and ethics.
Benefits of achieving Chartered Status:
- Raise your professional profile - Chartered status is a prestigious personal achievement.
- Enhance your career prospects - holding Chartered Status may command a higher salary;
- Use the title ‘Chartered Associate of The London Institute of Banking & Finance’ - designation ‘Chartered ALIBF’ OR 'Chartered Fellow of The London Institute of Banking & Finance' - designation 'Chartered FLIBF'
- Your Chartered credentials publically searchable in our CPD Register
How to achieve Chartered status:
- Hold an Associate or Fellow membership with us;
- Meet the full criteria for at least ONE of our Routes to Chartered Status below;
- Complete a programme of CPD over the 12 months prior to application (studying is CPD) and commit to CPD on an annual basis whilst holding a Chartered title;
- Follow our Code of Ethics.
Routes to Chartered Status
Professional Postgraduate Route: Completion of one of our formal programme of study at postgraduate level:
- MSc, PGDip or PGCert in Banking and Finance OR
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching Financial Capability.
Degree Route: Completion of one of the below:
- AND a minimum of three years’ relevant banking and finance experience.
Regulated Adviser Route: Be able to satisfy all of the below:
- Completion of the Level 6 Diploma in Financial Advice or an equivalent RDR compliant qualification at Level 6;
- Three years’ professional experience; and
- Documentation to confirm a sustained commitment to professional standards e.g. possession of a valid SPS / CPD record
Experience Route: 10 years of relevant banking and finance experience plus completion of our extended project, which will be assessed at degree level. Register your interest for The Experience Route (Registrations open later in 2018)
Apply for / Enquire about Chartered Status