Fellowship of The London Institute of Banking & Finance is a mark of senior professional status in the banking & finance industries.
The requirements for Fellowship reflect the diversity of the sector in which members operate and recognise service and commitment to The London Institute of Banking & Finance and its objectives.
To be considered for Fellowship all candidates must fulfil all of the following criteria.
To be considered for Fellowship all candidates must meet the criteria for Associate status which is aimed at mid-career professionals who have undertaken higher level professional development.
Associate status eligibility requires students hold any one of the following qualifications:
- a London Institute of Banking & Finance BSc (Hons) degree
- our Level 5 Professional Diploma in Banking & Finance (PDipB&F)
- Associateship (ACIB)
- Level 6 Advanced Diploma in Banking & Finance (AdvDipB&F)
- Level 6 Diploma in Financial Advice,
- or a relevant qualification awarded by another provider and recognised by The London Institute of Banking & Finance.
You must have at least 20 years of relevant banking or regulated financial advice experience, with at least five of these years at a senior level.
You must also be able to demonstrate, and provide evidence of how you have contributed towards the goals of The London Institute of Banking & Finance and/or supported the development of professionalism/professional education in the banking and finance sector. We normally expect such service to be freely given and pro-bono, over and above your full time job.
Working to rebuild public confidence and trust in financial services. This could be through giving talks, presentations, interviews or writing articles. Helping to promote financial capability in your community. Raising awareness of financial services as a career choice among young people. Becoming a voluntary mentor and / or providing work placements for students.
How do I apply ?
As part of your application we will ask you to provide a written statement of between 500-1000 words outlining your service to the industry and The London Institute of Banking & Finance.
You will also need to provide the contact details of two references.
- One must be a current line manager or employer. If you are self employed then we will accept a reference from a client.
- The other referee should be from outside your work place and hold a senior position within financial services or related industry.
- Both referees must be known to you for at least two years and willing to provide a written reference.
You are also encouraged to provide evidence to support your achievements. This can be in the form of articles you have written or appeared in, presentations you have given, or testimonials from colleagues or peers. Please also include any other evidence that you feel would useful to support you application.
If you feel you fit the criteria and are interested in becoming a Fellow please send your CV for initial assessment to email@example.com. If the initial assessment is successful you will be invited to formally apply.
Your application will then be reviewed by the Fellowship Assessment Panel who will decide if you meet our Fellowship criteria. The decision of the Panel is final.
Benefits for achieving Fellowship include:
- recognition of your commitment to the banking & finance industries and in particular education and training
- use of the description 'Fellow of The London Institute of Banking & Finance' and the designation 'Fellow LIBF' on your business card and stationary
- opportunities to network and build connections with other Fellows, becoming part of an exclusive and influential group
- inclusion on the Professional Services Register.