The London Institute of Banking & Finance is today (19 June) celebrating achieving a Silver Award under the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF).
The awards encourage and recognise excellence in teaching, above and beyond national quality standards. The
ratings can help prospective students decide which university they may want to
attend and are judged by an independent panel of students, academics and other
experts, with the process managed by the Office for Students.
Hema Tank, Associate Dean of The London Institute of Banking & Finance said:
“We’re thrilled that our focus on providing excellent teaching and resources has been recognised. As a provider of degrees in banking and finance, our aim is to ensure all our graduates leave us with the right skills, knowledge and confidence to go on to achieve successful careers in the sector. This award reflects that.”
In particular the Panel recognised our:
- clear focus on the finance sector and keeping pace with developments
- course design that provides high levels of stretch
- support for students in developing the independence, knowledge, skills and understanding they need
The awards take into account scores in both the National Student Survey (NSS) and the Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey.
- 100% of our full-time graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduating (DLHE)
- We were voted joint 1st in London for overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey (NSS) and joint 2nd in the UK