The London Institute of Banking & Finance today (9 May) announced the launch of its first Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme for CeMAP mortgage advisers. CeMAP Professional is a CPD programme which leads to a CeMAP Professional designation, helping advisers to differentiate their skills and services.
“The mortgage market is changing constantly and it’s vital for advisers to be able to demonstrate that they are keeping up with developments. The recent FCA call for it to be easier for consumers to compare advisers and products shows how important it’s becoming for advisers to differentiate,” says Brian Wilkinson, Managing Director, Corporate and Professional Qualifications at the London Institute of Banking & Finance.
“And there are other factors at play. With the liberalisation of the market, advisers need to continually develop their professional skills, knowledge and practice to ensure they give their clients the best possible advice. We also signpost advisers to other areas they may want to explore to take a more holistic view of their clients’ needs as our society ages – such as equity release and pension transfers.”
The London Institute of Banking & Finance also has a publicly searchable Professional Services CPD register where clients and employers can check an adviser’s credentials, for example to confirm the qualifications and designations they hold.
About CeMAP® Professional
The programme involves 15 hours of CPD a year, which can include mortgage-related seminars and workshops, webinars, technical updates, e-learning and professional studies.
CeMAP Professional is a status that mortgage advisers can display to clients, employers and peers to confirm that they:
- Actively pursue personal development to ensure their knowledge of the mortgage industry is current
- Work in a professional and ethical manner
- Are a holder of either CeMAP or the CeMAP Diploma
- Once achieved, advisers can download a badge to use on their email signatures, cards and in client materials.
There are two designations:
- CeMAP Professional - for advisers who hold CeMAP or Advanced CeMAP qualifications.
- CeMAP Advanced Professional - for advisers who’ve achieved the higher level CeMAP Diploma or DipMAP qualifications.
The programme costs £35 a year for members of the London Institute of Banking & Finance and £55 a year for non-members.
Find out more about CeMAP Professional