The London Institute of Banking & Finance is pleased to announce that the data from this year’s participants in the Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey indicates that 100% of its full-time graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduating.
Graduates enrolled at The London Institute of Banking & Finance are more likely to be in employment or further study within six months of graduating than graduates from many other universities including Russell Groups.
Hema Tank, Associate Dean at The London Institute of Banking & Finance, said:
“With our degrees, not only do students get a fulfilling university and academic experience but they gain wider skills and knowledge that stand them in good stead for a career in finance. Employability skills are a core element of our degrees and, in our view, vital to ensure our graduates are well prepared for work.
“Being a university college that specialises in degrees in banking and finance, we also have close links with the sector, so we are ‘plugged in’ to latest developments and technological changes. Finally, our Faculty are academics with extensive work experience in the industry. These statistics bear out the success of our approach.”
The London Institute of Banking & Finance offers undergraduate degrees in:
- BSc in Banking and Finance
- BSc in Finance Investment and Risk
It also offers masters programmes in banking and finance, at its university college in the City of London.
Of survey participants, within six months of graduating:
- 100% of full-time students* in employment or further study
- 82% of graduates earning more than £30,000
- 93% of full-time graduates felt well/very well prepared for employment
*HESA, Experimental Table E1 – Employment of leavers
About The London Institute of Banking & Finance:
- The London Institute of Banking & Finance is a leading provider of financial education and has been at the heart of the finance sector since 1879. We support people wanting a career in banking and finance; and enhance financial inclusion through improving financial capability in schools and society more generally.
- We’re a small specialist university college, providing undergraduate and postgraduate degrees for students aiming to pursue a career in banking and finance.
- We have around 100 students on our undergraduate programmes each year.
- We’re the only specialist provider of funded personal finance qualifications in schools across the UK, helping thousands of children and young people develop vital money management skills for life.
- And we’re an awarding body for professional finance sector qualifications covering a range of subjects, including in banking, trade finance, conduct and ethics, investment, financial advice and complaints handling; in the UK and internationally.
- We’re a registered charity, incorporated by Royal Charter.