The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF) has today launched a new qualification for people advising on protection products – its Certificate in Protection (CertPro).
There is currently no requirement for anyone advising on financial protection products to be qualified. This qualification fills a real gap in the advice landscape and should provide confidence to advisers and consumers alike.
Mark Heaton, Managing Director, Professional Education at LIBF said:
“As the leading provider of mortgage advice qualifications, we regularly get feedback from the sector about the challenges and issues advisers face. Protection has always been a hot topic, but even more so in the current climate. There’s a real need to build consumer resilience but they often don’t understand the value of protection products and need confidence that advisers have the knowledge and skills to ensure they have appropriate protection in place.
“This certificate will help advisers meet the demands of a growing market. As an entry-level certificate, it can be the foundation of a professional career as a financial adviser and further develop the skills of mortgage advisers.”
– Ends –
Notes to editors
The Certificate in Protection is a Level 3 qualification and covers:
- the different financial protection needs in the event of death, illness or disability
- an introduction to the range of protection products available and their suitability
- the application and underwriting process
- the range of protection provided by the state
- insurance details for the home, landlords and self-builds.
Registration opens from Monday 7 September and the qualification starts on 5 October.
- Accredited into CeMAP
- Opens a career pathway into regulated advice
- Develop skills in critical thinking, analytical skills and communication
Find out more about our Level 3, Certificate in Protection
About The London Institute of Banking & Finance
- The London Institute of Banking & Finance has been at the heart of the finance sector since 1879. We’re a professional body and registered educational charity, incorporated by Royal Charter.
- We’re an awarding body for industry qualifications covering a range of subjects, including banking, investment, trade finance and regulated advice in the UK and internationally.
- We’re a university college, providing undergraduate and postgraduate degrees for students aiming to pursue a career in banking and finance.
- We’re the only specialist provider of personal finance qualifications at GCSE and A'Level, helping thousands of young people each year to develop vital money management skills for life.