The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF) has launched a new professional recognition programme for mortgage advisers.
Certified Mortgage Adviser (CMA) provides official endorsement of skills and knowledge, helping advisers stand out as accomplished professionals in the mortgage and equity release sectors.
John Somerville, Head of Financial Services, Professional Education at LIBF says:
“In an increasingly complex world, it’s important for advisers to be able to demonstrate their credibility. Independent endorsement helps give consumers confidence that they’re getting great advice from an accomplished professional. As the awarding body for CeMAP – the benchmark qualification in the mortgage advice sector – Certified Mortgage Adviser status will really help advisers stand out.”
Certified Mortgage Adviser is being awarded to qualified advisers from this month (June 2021).
Advisers are eligible for CMA status if they:
- hold an appropriate LIBF qualification to advise on mortgages or equity release – such as CeMAP or CeRER
- are actively advising clients, with appropriate permission showing on the FCA Register, and
- are a member of LIBF.
LIBF will recheck advisers’ professional status annually at renewal. Advisers who are not members of LIBF can join for £85 a year.
Key facts about Certified Mortgage Adviser
LIBF members who hold CeMAP or CeRER – and are an active mortgage adviser on the FCA Register – will automatically be awarded CMA status.
- CMA is only available to those who appear on the FCA register as “giving regulated mortgage advice” at the point of application. LIBF will recheck this status annually, at renewal.
- Advisers who are not members of LIBF can join for £85 a year.
Advisers receive a secure digital badge showing their CMA status, which they can use for their client communications and promotional materials.
They also benefit from membership of LIBF, which includes access to regular CPD materials. Membership of LIBF will be included on their FCA Register listing.
About The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF)
LIBF has been at the heart of the finance sector since 1879. We’re a professional body and registered educational charity, incorporated by Royal Charter.
We’re an awarding body for finance sector qualifications including:
Find out more about Certified Mortgage Adviser
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP)
- Level 4 CeMAP Diploma
- Certificate in Equity Release (CeRER)
- Certificate in Protection (CertPro)
- Level 4Diploma in Financial Advice (DipFA)
- Level 6 Advanced DipFA (Adv DipFA)
- Diploma in Paraplanning (DipPP)
- Level 6 Financial Planning in Retirement (FPIR)
- Level 6 Pension Transfers (PETR).