Do you want to give advice on equity release?
The market for equity release is growing and advisers are looking to upskill to guide their customers through the process.
If you currently hold CeMAP, being qualified to advise on equity release will add to your skill set.
You’ll develop specialist knowledge to understand different customer needs, be able to advise on the different types of equity release products and the risks associated with taking out a scheme.
We have worked with the Equity Release Council, UK Finance, as well as major high-street banks and lenders to update this qualification to meet the demands of the market.
What your studies will cover
- The impact of equity release schemes on customers’ future options
- The FCA regulatory explanation of a lifetime mortgage and a home reversion plan
- How to match different types of equity release schemes to your customers’ needs
- The suitability and affordability of the different types of equity release schemes
- The relative advantages and disadvantages of the different types of equity release arrangements and alternatives
- How to assess the risks to customers who take out equity release schemes and when these might arise
- The rules relating to state benefits as well as taxation
Benefits for you
- Online study that fits around your life
- Digital and hard-copy study materials
- Qualify in as little as six months
- Flexible exam dates
- Student membership