We’ve been running the CDCS Advocate programme for many years and are now extending it to CTFC, CSCF and CSDG. Once you've completed five recertification cycles, we’ll present you with Advocate status automatically. This includes:
- an extended recertification period – you’ll only have to recertify every six years instead of every three
- a pin badge and certificate, and
- the right to use the Advocate designation after your name.
If you prefer to complete your CPD by studying trade finance qualifications, you may consider working towards the Diploma for Qualified Trade Finance Specialists (QTFS). To qualify you need to successfully complete at least three qualifications in trade finance and transaction banking. Please check the requirements using the link below.
More about QTFS
Once you have QTFS, you have the option of working towards chartered status, by completing the Advanced Diploma in Banking & Finance. This usually takes about 12 months.
Find out more about becoming chartered as a trade finance specialist.
Everyone’s learning style is different, so we – and our partners – offer CPD in different formats to help you find CPD that suits you, including:
- insights, comment and analysis
- accredited external courses offered by our partners
- Financial World magazine.
As a trade finance qualification holder, you will also receive a quarterly e-newsletter with the latest news, webinars, podcasts and insights to help you stay on top of your CPD.
- For CDCS, CSDG and CSCF your CPD activities (webinars/podcasts/articles etc) should relate to trade finance and should enhance your existing knowledge
- For CTFC, they should relate to trade finance compliance.
You will also be able to earn CPD learning hours by completing other LIBF Trade & Transaction Banking qualifications, see page 11 of our Trade Finance recertification process guidebook for more details.
Logging your CPD hours
MyCPD is an online tool – for members and those in the recertification cycle – to log their CPD hours and maintain an accurate CPD record.
To use MyCPD, log into your MyLIBF account, and please be sure to keep your email address up to date under the MyDetails tab.