Please note these important dates for your diaries:
- Welcome week for new students, Monday 13 to Thursday 16 September 2021.
- First week of teaching starts Monday 20 September 2021.
With this ever-changing situation, we can’t be sure what things will be like in September 2021. What we do know, is that whether you attend face-to-face or online lectures, you’ll benefit from our flexible approach and experienced team.
We’ve been delivering lectures and teaching online for many years. In the current circumstances, we believe it is safer to use a blended learning approach. We will be providing as much face-to-face teaching as we can – space and government guidelines permitting.
How have we adapted so far?
- We’ve moved all our assessments online so they can be completed wherever you are and whatever is happening.
- Our timetables have been condensed, so that you won’t have to travel to campus every day.
- Both of our buildings are in use for teaching to help with social distancing – our Lovat Lane Campus and the 8th floor of Peninsular House, in Monument Street. If you’re not familiar with the area, you may be reassured to know that the buildings are very close – less than a minute’s walk from each other.
- We’ve introduced measures such as social distancing, one-way systems, masks and hand sanitiser to ensure everyone’s safety when on campus.
- This year, we’ve increased the content in our programmes to offer more to our students than ever before.
- Need to shield? Or don’t feel comfortable travelling into the city? We’ll support you and make everything available online.
- The level of pastoral and academic support to students has been increased – especially for those who haven’t been able to come into campus.
No matter what 2021 brings, we would like to reassure you that your learning experience will not suffer. We’ll be updating this page over the coming months as the landscape clears to give you more information on what the learning experience will look like in September 2021.