Are you curious about the world of strategic consulting?
Ever wondered what strategic consultants do?
Want to experience being part of a real consulting team in the heart of London?
If the answer is yes, then this programme is right for you. Join us for four weeks in July where you will be immersed in the world of strategic consulting within the finance sector.
Blending both academic and practical learning, our innovative, 20-credit module will equip you with strategic consulting skills to apply to a real company. Alongside taught classes you will work collaboratively within a team to address a strategic issue facing a company. The four week programme will culminate in a group presentation, outlining how your team will help solve the issue and providing a proposal for consultancy services.
You will learn:
- Key strategic management concepts and tools
- The role of the consultant, the consultancy cycle and delivering solutions
- Professional and employability skills to prepare you for working within diverse and international teams.
Overview & credits
We have created a unique programme that covers essential academic content in strategic management, consultancy theory and employability skills. Topics include:
- An Introduction to the Concept of Strategy
- The External and Internal Environments
- Evaluating Strategic Concepts
- Consulting, Clients and Contracting
- The consultancy process
- Professionalism and Employability
By successfully passing the assessment you will earn 20 credits that may be transferred to your degree at your university. Students who choose not to complete the assessment component will receive a certificate of attendance.
Teaching & Assessment
Classes will be taught at our campus in the heart of the city of London. Your learning will include classroom time, face-to-face meetings with the company and time for individual and group study. Confirmed timetables will be provided prior to the programme commencing.
The module has two assessment components including a 2,000 word summative assignment and a 15-minute presentation.
- English GCSE grade C or international equivalent, or evidence of meeting our English Language requirements if you are a non-native speaker.
- Maths GCSE grade C or international equivalent
- 2:2 or equivalent predicted grade / obtained in previous or current year of study of degree programme
- Personal statement (approximately 500 words) stating why you would like to take part in this module and how it will help your career progression
If your application is successful you will be interviewed by a member of our Admissions Team via skype/phone before being offered a place in the programme.