Whether you choose to study our BSc (Hons) Banking and Finance or our BSc (Hons) Finance, Investment and Risk, we’ll help you build your ideal career at every stage of your degree. In your first year, you'll study core modules that help you develop your employability skills, including how to network.
Throughout your time with us, you'll have the opportunity to attend careers, personal development and networking events. These will help you build the skills employers are looking for – and make valuable professional contacts. We also offer:
- personal, one-to-one career coaching, face to face, on Skype or on the phone
- help finding an internship, placement and graduate job, through a weekly bulletin with opportunities
- career development programmes, including personal branding, job search strategy, using social media and more
- regular workshops and one-to-one sessions on writing an effective CV and memorable cover letter
- mock interviews and assessment days.
Because we work closely with individuals and organisations in the sector, we have a huge advantage when it comes to attracting speakers from leading banking and finance companies.
Aside from our regular workshops, we host events with industry professionals from across the financial services sector. As one of our students, you'll have networking opportunities at exclusive events and lectures. In the past year, we've had speakers from the likes of Starling Bank, Murano, Barclays, Amplify, UBS, Deloitte and Handelsbanken.
Support beyond graduation
One of the reasons our sector is so exciting is because it's always changing and evolving. That means, as a professional banker, you'll always need to update your skills and knowledge.
We're here to support you before and after you graduate – and throughout the whole of your career – through our membership activities and ongoing education.
You’ll become an Associate Member of LIBF when you successfully complete your degree, giving you access to benefits and services that will help you progress. As one of our alumni, you’ll also be eligible to apply for Chartered Associateship – a professional designation of distinction.
To acquire Chartered Associateship as one of our alumni, you’ll need to:
- have at least three years’ experience in the sector
- have committed to our ethics and values, and
- maintain your knowledge and skills through continuing professional development (CPD).
Our Careers and Employability Team are here to help you as a student or as an offer holder.
You can attend a careers drop-in session at the Careers Centre on Level 3 of the Lovat Lane campus. Office hours will vary each term, so please check ahead to find out when they’re open.