About the qualification
Working in financial advice is a very rewarding career. You can help your clients retire sooner, plan for that once-in-a-lifetime trip or face financial ups and downs with much more confidence.
As with any profession, financial advisers will have different levels of experience and expertise as they go through the stages of their careers.
As a Level 6 qualified financial adviser, you’ll demonstrate the highest level of professionalism – important to showcase your credentials and for your customers to know they are getting the best service.
You can now differentiate yourself based on your knowledge about likely changes in the sector and what your clients need.
- Get the expertise you need to provide complex financial advice and planning services.
- Tailor your learning to match your current and future areas of specialism by picking modules relevant to you.
- Develop your skills to provide advice for a variety of areas – bringing in new opportunities for your business.
And if you have three years' relevant work experience, achieving Adv DipFA could lead to chartered status.
While you study online, we will support you with weekly study guides. Our team of dedicated tutors will also be on hand to answer your queries.
During your studies, you’ll become a Member of The London Institute of Banking & Finance (MLIBF), receiving benefits including careers support and access to professional networking events.
Who can study Adv DipFA?
- Financial advisers
- Financial consultants
- Financial planners
- Independent financial advisers (IFA’s)
- Wealth advisers and wealth managers
- Retail investment advisers
To study Adv DipFA you must already hold a Level 4 Financial Advice qualification approved by the FCA with us or another awarding body. If not, please see our Level 4 Diploma for Financial Advisers (DipFA).
And if you have qualifications from us or another awarding organisation, you may be able to count them as credits towards Adv DipFA. See our Recognition of Prior Learning policy.