Clinton is a commercial attorney and lecturer in Business and Law at the University of East London. He is an adept researcher and a practising commercial attorney who has represented various financial institutions and regulators, such as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) in a wide range of commercial matters.
He is a market researcher for Sub Saharan Africa and the Americas region in the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance, University of Cambridge.
He is currently conducting his doctoral research on the use cases of blockchain technology in emerging capital markets.
Banking regulation, international finance, securities law, financial crime, fintech regulation.
- University of East London, Lecturer in Business and Law: 2021 to present
- Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance, University of Cambridge, Market Researcher: 2021 to present
- University of East London, Programme/Course Developer, Fintech Law and Regulations: 2020–21
- University of East London, Compliance Co-ordinator, Governance and Legal Services: 2020–21
- Nosa Osemwengie & Co, Managing Associate: 2020–21
- Michaelmas Chambers, Legal Associate, Corporate and Transactions: 2016–18
- J-K Gadzama LLP, Legal Associate: 2015–16.
- University of East London, PhD, in Business and Law: 2020 to present
- University of East London, LLM Business and Financial Law: 2018
- University of Benin, Bachelor of Law: 2014.
Nigerian Law School, Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria: 2015.
An Appraisal of Financial Penalties under Deferred Prosecution Agreements in the UK Butterworths Journal of International and Financial Law: 2021.
External committee work
- London Institute of Banking and Finance
- Nigerian Bar Association.
Joint Global FinTech Covid-19 Market Impact and Industry Resilience Study with the World Economic Forum (WEF) and the World Bank, supported by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office and the Ministry of Finance, Luxembourg (2021).
Visit Clinton E Osemwengie’s LinkedIn profile