Dr Vikram holds a PhD in Finance from Middlesex University. His research involves an analysis of UK non-financial firms’ use of financial derivatives, in particular whether UK firms are using derivatives for hedging or speculation. He has presented his work at international academic conferences and to professional audiences at the Bank of England, Standard and Poor’s and Citi Bank.
Before joining LIBF, Dr Vikram worked at University of Bedfordshire, Birmingham City University and Nottingham University. He’s taught wide range of modules in Finance to both undergraduate and postgraduate students and supervised many dissertation students.
Academic Portfolio Leader, University of Bedfordshire: 2020
Senior Lecture in Finance, University of Bedfordshire: 2017
Lecture in Finance, Birmingham City University: 2015
Visiting Lecturer in Finance, University of Nottingham: 2015
Visiting Lecturer, Coventry University: 2014
Visiting Lecturer, Middlesex University: 2010–14.
Investment management, corporate finance, financial modelling, stata, SPSS Statistics, datastream, Eikon, Bloomberg, CapitalIQ and Endnote.
- PhD, The effects of derivatives on firm financial risk: an analysis of UK non-financial firms, Middlesex University: 2014
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education, Birmingham City University: 2016
- MSc Research Methods, Middlesex University: 2010
- MSc Banking and Finance, Middlesex University: 2009.
Certificate in Mortgage Advice, Chartered Institute of Insurance: 2021.
English, Gujarati, Hindi.
Co-authored with A Judge, ‘Under the weight of numbers’, The Treasurer: 2016.
- FMA Conference, Hanken School of Economics: 2016
- Fifth International Conference of the Financial Engineering and Banking Society, Audencia Nantes School of Management: 2015
- Fourth International Conference of the Financial Engineering and Banking Society, University of Surrey: 2014
- Sixth International Finance and Banking Society Conference: 2014
- Fifth International Finance and Banking Society Conference: 2013
- Second International Conference of the Financial Engineering and Banking Society, ESCP Europe Business School: 2012
- Money, Macro Finance Conference, University of Birmingham: 2011
- GdRE Symposium on Money, Banking and Finance, Reading University: 2011.
Fellow, the Higher Education Academy.
View Dr Vikram Finavker’s LinkedIn profile
- External Examiner, Lancaster University: 2022 – present
- Acted as the external verifier for the one-day validation event for MSc Governance & Finance, University of Northampton: 2019
- Acted as the external verifier for the one-day validation event for MSc Investment & Finance, University of Middlesex: 2019
- Acted as the external verifier for the one-day validation event for MSc Investment Management and MSc Financial Management, University of Middlesex: 2017
- External Examiner, University of Derby: 2017–21
- External Examiner, Staffordshire University: 2017–21.