Corporate social responsibility
At The London Institute of Banking & Finance we are committed to contributing to the community and environment, while meeting the expectations of you - our students, employees, customers and suppliers.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility policy supports our values:
Our social, economic and environmental responsibilities are integral to our business and are demonstrated through our actions and policies.
We strive to be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance, governance and environmental impact to you, our stakeholders. We take all feedback seriously, and review the policy annually.
Our separate Sustainability policy focuses on the curriculum content taught to our students at all levels.
Aims of our corporate social responsibility policy
- Ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk, and demonstrating our values to stakeholders;
- Record and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our standards of service;
- Encourage contractors and suppliers to adopt responsible business policies and practices;
- Ensure contracts produced by us clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of relationships and will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices;
- Work with local schools, colleges, universities and other education providers to assist young people in choosing their future careers, being an advocate for the Financial Services Industry;
- Encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit;
- Support our Equality and Diversity Policy; to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and are not subjected to bullying or sexual, physical or mental harassment. This applies to employees whatever race, religion or belief, sex, gender re-assignment, age, disability, whether married or in a civil partnership and during pregnancy and maternity;
- Maintain for all present and potential employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development;
- Maintain a clear and fair employee remuneration policy, ensuring that those working for us are paid at least the living wage, and maintain forums for employee consultation and business environment;
- Support and encourage employees to take part in the employee volunteer scheme and help local community organisations/activities in our regions as well as supporting our employee-chosen charities;
- Provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment in line with our Health and Safety policy;